Friday, November 27, 2009

The bed and the back parts of the prototype are complete.

This weekend I finished the back and the bed (rear and front rails) for the "functional" prototype. By that I mean that the look of the parts will likely change (they are way to "squarish" right now) , but all the critical dimensions and functional elements are completed. This prototype will be completed into a functional camera to actually take into the field to test. My guess that will happen in the next 2-3 weeks.

There are a few design issues to be resolved (like the rear frame for the bellows and the bellows itself and the flat knob for the front standard shift/swing lock) but I don't expect these to be major issues.

This is very exciting!

Note : Please disregard the rough cuts in some places and the slight misfitting, some of the parts were "corrected" by hand because I didn't want to cut them again after addressing the design issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment