Saturday, March 13, 2010

OK, the bellows pattern generator is now working!


I've been quiet recently because i was working on a issue with my bellows CAD program. Now I'm pretty sure that is resolved. To the left you can see thumbnails of generated patterns for the stiffeners and the outer cover for my test camera. The patterns are designed to be used not only for cutting the stiffeners & the fabric but also for alignment.

I'm not in town now, but when I get back monday I will make a few sample bellows to make sure it actually works and then I will have the beta-testers orders their bellows. I will finalize the instructions on how to measure the bellows (or the camera for which you want the bellows for) during this weekend.

The current version of the program will handle both parallel and tapered bellows, square or rectangular of any size (I might have to outsource the printing for larger bellows due to the size of my printer). There are 8 measurements required for tapered bellows and 4 for parallel bellows.

The DIY Bellows Kit is almost ready!

1 comment:

  1. Now that is intresting as I will b requiring new bellows for my old 1/4 plate camera!

    ReplyDelete