Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Update : Production of DIY Camera Kits won't start in 2010

Due to an imminent move the camera kit won't start production for at least 6 months. If you were planning on ordering a bellows kit, do it now as it won't be available for more then a couple of weeks. I will still be trying to finish the next prototype before the move and then do the CAD/CAM work for all cameras & projects I am planning on offering, but production of the camera won't start this year.

The good news is that the newly acquired CNC equipment works as I hoped it would and it makes manufacturing of metal parts much more accessible.

3 comments:

  1. Nearly 2011 now, looking forward to seeing more of your kit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! If you need a tester, let me know! Check out my work on modelmayhem.com/chrisrossleong or just google my full name.
    Cheers!
    Chris Ross Leong
    Sherman Oaks, CA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that it is 2011, I was wondering if you had any roadmap for the diy camera?

    ReplyDelete